Friday, June 4, 2010

Bed Bugs, Guns and a whole lot of Fuck.

I leave for Berlin on Sunday for about a week before i come back here but there is a lot that has happened.

Firstly my bed got raided my bed bugs at the hostel leading to my arms being gangbanged by a bunch of tiny bloodsucking insects. I still have the marks.


About a day later I was walking down the street in the later part of the night. There was this czech krust punch type dude and his girlfriend who where walking in front of me as well. As I continued walking I started to notice that he kept staring back at me with a particularily paranoid glance. It became awkward as I began realized that he thought I following him, then he very obviously pulled a gun out of his back pocket to show me he had one and put it in his front pocket. Once I flipped my shit I quickly crossed the street and then he looked at me and shouted "FIRE!" continuously. He wanted a lighter for the cigarette he had just placed in his mouth. I said I had no lighter and even if i did I would have refused this gun toting nutsack one but he started walking towards me menacingly saying "Fire..Fire" with a european accent. For some reason I didn't move and when he was right in front of me I panicked and said something along the lines of "look dude I know you have a gun in your pocket". Why I would say that to an armed and clearly temperamental krust punchish czech guy I have no idea, but afterwards he said some indecipherable gibberish turned and left and then i got the fuck out of there. I must have said something right I guess or most likely he realized I moments from crapping my pants and not a threat. This all happened in front of a large tourist attraction called the Powder tower too. Oh prague


this tower.

Finally it turns out there are rumors that the puppet festival I am currently at is mostly likely involved in extremely shady mob like business. This may sound crazy but if you where here that would totally make sense as I've had weird feelings about this festival since it started. The guy running it looks like a mobster first off. Some how they've received an ungodly amount of funds from the czech government (which I guess never normally happens). The dude owns a restaurant and hotel that look like they belong in The godfather and the festival itself seems quite shoddy and ad hoc even though they've been doing it for 14 years. Also for happening in prague there are startlingly few czech puppeteers here and i've heard some are even opposed to this festival. I don't no what but something weird is going on.

So bed bugs, guns and a shady ass festival. It sounds like an fucking scooby doo episode, but its just prague.

No comments:

Post a Comment